“You mentioned 5 elements of casting an effective spell,” a reader said. She went on to ask, “Of the five elements (intent, visualization, concentration, meditation, or willpower), which is the hardest and why?”
To do successful magick, you need to understand several things. First, you must have intent. You need to know what you want to manifest. You must be specific. You want a car? For what? Perhaps, you want something nice but economical. You don’t want a piece of junk that will break down on you every chance it gets. I suggest you go shopping, perhaps, on the internet. Get to know what you want and like for your car.
Having a solid intent is your first step before you do any magick. Once you have that cornerstone set you can continue with the second thing which is concentration. During your spell, you will need lots of concentration and visualization.
When you imagine the car you want, get truly specific. What color? What gas mileage? Or is it an electric vehicle? Here’s an example, if you desire a convertible car, you imagine the wind blowing through your hair as you drive with the top down.
This is the process of focusing and then refocusing your mind on your visualization task. In essence, you concentrate on the object and on the images in your mind that are specific for your desired manifestation. You will find that you may need to consciously redirect your mind to focus on the visualization object again and again
Some Wiccans begin with a meditation to clear the mind before using both concentration and visualization. Consider doing a simple meditation in which you focus on your breath.
When it comes to successfully perform magick, willpower, to me, means the driving force of desire for some form of change. So, I focus on the power of “I will.” This is an important distinction because many people think of willpower as only the ability to avoid temptation. Using your will is deeply rooted in your desire. Lack of will just creates another belly flop.
I’ve now shared with you the five must-haves (intent, visualization, concentration, meditation, and willpower) for doing magick that works.
Let’s return to the question: “Of the five elements (intent, visualization, concentration, meditation, or willpower), which is the hardest and why?”
- For many people, visualizing is truly hard. Some of us actually tune into sound more than images. If you’re doing “visualizing,” you may need to “talk your way through.” You can say something like: “I now drive a blue Toyota 2015 Corolla that was lovingly cared for by the previous owner.” (This is merely an example. Working the words takes effort, time, and care.)
- Because many people get intent wrong, it can be the hardest part. The easiest way to get intent wrong is to think in terms that are too broad and too general.
- Several people find that meditation is nearly impossible for them. Trying to sit quietly can feel awful. Some people find it better to do a walking meditation.
- Willpower can fall apart for several people. Why? When I talk about focusing on the power of “I will,” this may bring up many forms of self-doubt. My friend, Kelsey, said, “I will? Who am I kidding? I’m not strong, and I don’t deserve good things in life.” In this situation, Kelsey has an active ego that is sabotaging her willpower and spell-casting efforts.
- In today’s society of massive distractions including social media and more, developing the skill of concentration is thwarted. My friend, Fred, mentioned how he found it necessary to practice piano every day to achieve a good level of playing skill. Learning to concentrate takes planning, effort, and practice. This can be so hard because many of us return home from work exhausted. You need the energy to develop your concentration skills.
What do you want deep in your heart? Are you willing to pay the price in attention, effort, training, and practice?
May you identify what can elevate your real happiness.
May these insights support your path.
Enroll in my Online Course Beyond the Law of Attraction to Real Magick At Udemy.com
Looking for gifts?
See my designs at Redbubble. For more of Moonwater SilverClaw, consider some of her books:
P.S. To sign up for our E-Newsletter click here.
Check out my site MoonwaterSilverClaw.com for spells and more.